February 19, 2021 Update
Amerigas continues to experience internal challenges resulting from its 2020 reorganization, making it difficult to effectively manage the co-op at this time. Please note…
- The co-op cannot currently accommodate new non-Amerigas customers, i.e. no tank switch-outs. However, signing up will put you at the top of the list when the co-op re-opens. (expected shortly)
- Routed service is highly recommended. If you must choose will-call, call when your tank reaches ~30%; fills are taking 3+ weeks in many cases.
- If you need Emergency Delivery call 1-800-263-7442, option 3, Gas Leaks / Emergencies. Emergency delivery requires high service fees unless you’re on routed service, or the error is Amerigas’.
- If you have billing issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following info: Name, Service Address, Account #, Delivery Date, Price Per Gallon Charged vs. Correct Price Per Gallon. (See “Pricing” below to determine correct pricing.)
Tired of Paying Too Much for Propane?
Join the Coloma-Lotus Propane Co-op!
When you call a propane company for pricing, they typically offer a low, introductory price to gain your business. After that, the price rises and people often end up paying exorbitant amounts for propane. It’s the game many propane companies play and is what led to the formation of this group back in 2005.
As a co-op member, your price is based upon a fixed margin over the price Amerigas pays for its propane; this cost is independently published by the refinery.
Membership is free and our pricing is the lowest year-round pricing you’ll find anywhere!To Join Click Here
Residential Rate: .59 over refinery cost; no tax
Business Rate: .50 over refinery cost; plus tax
*business owners’ residence qualifies for the business rate with no tax
To check real-time or historical pricing, Click Here, select “Fuel Posting for Delivery Week of”, select the time period in question, and refer to the pricing for TARGA – SAN FRANCISCO. Add .59 / .50 to that price to get the current co-op rate.
Note: pricing is based upon the billing date, not the day you call. Pricing may vary slightly, i.e. a few cents one way or the other.
- No Add-On Fees
Haz-mat, fuel recovery, and will-call fees are waived for Co-Op members, an additional savings of ~$20 per delivery!
- Free Change Out — Free Tank Rental*
– Amerigas will perform a safety inspection, change out your existing tank and transfer the gas at no charge.
– Tank rental is free the 1st year, and free thereafter as long as you use 1.5x the tank capacity within the rental year.
– Without minimum usage, the tank rental fee is $45.00 + tax per year per tank, regardless of size.
- Routed or Will-Call — Leased or Owned Tanks
Routed or will-call service is available; customer-owned tanks qualify.
Note: Routed service is highly recommended; if you require will-call service, call when your tank reaches ~30%.
Residents and businesses physically located in Coloma, Lotus, or the greater Coloma-Lotus valley (see map below) are eligible to join.
Those outside of the co-op boundaries are eligible for a “Friends and Family” rate of .98 over cost; fees apply. You must be referred by a co-op member to qualify for this rate. Fill out the new customer form below for details.
Referral credits are not available to co-op members.
From the intersection of H49 and Gold Hill Road, continuing west to Luneman Road ending at Monty Mine Trail, following the South Fork of the American River north to H49, following H49 east including Bacchi Road, continuing north to the intersection of Marshall & Prospector Roads, midway down Hancock Rd to Johnston Creek to the intersection of Bayne Road & Toad Rd, crossing the river back to the intersection of Gold Hill Rd and H49, including the Riverwood community.
Click the map to expand it.
How to Sign Up
Click Here to join and/or get more details. You should receive an immediate email confirming receipt of your application and current details.
To get more information about Amerigas or make changes to your existing account, visit http://www.amerigas.com
Email clpropane at gmail dot com.